Tuesday 1 November 2016

Japanese cinema!

Image result for cinema of japan
The cinema of Japan also known domestically as  邦画 hoga, has a history that spans more than 100 years. Japan has one of the oldest and larges film industries in the world!
As of 2010, it was the fourth largest by number of feature films produced. In 2011 Japan produced 411 feature films that earned 54. Japanese works made up 8 out of 12 of the top with Tokyo Story (1953) on a Sight & sound list of the best produced film in Asia.

Japanese cinema always came out with unique films with a twist.  There are many good film that are also recognise by the world.
One of it that I will be touching on it today is :

Spirited away (2001)




Spirited away was a huge hit! This film was even caught the eye of Walt Disney productions.
It also became the most successful film in Japanese history. With a $289 million worldwide grossing and received a widespread critical acclaim. It also go ahead and won the Academy Award for best animated feature at the 75th academy awards.

This Japanese animated fantasy film was so intense, the film talks about many things in life that is worth while. Life of spirits ,greedy of people and the power of love. Although the cartoon drawn in the film doesn't looks very pleasing example when the main character, Chihto Ogino's parents became pig.


 The pigs.


The witch.





I like how this film doesn't filter things and only put the beautiful scene, and characters. 
This movie teaches me many life lesson. I feel that this movie reminds me of the book "The little prince" which also teaches me life lesson in it. 

The Brave Chihro Ogino inspires me in many ways. Even though she's scare, she still fights the fear and push forward. 
Her determination to find her parents really touched me. She ultimately did it and her patience pays off. 

When I was young, I find this film gross and doesn't want to watch it. As I grow up, I started to find out the true meaning and understanding of this film which became my favourite of all time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment